Sunday, October 14, 2007

Like a peach

I've finally gone paintballing and I've got a story. I hope to finally go clubbing at some point too, and I'm sure that'll be another entertaining story, but for another time.

Paintballing is basically a good excuse to shoot things at your friends. It involves little yellow balls of paint that squish deceptively easily underfoot, but when fired out of a pneumatic gun, cause so much pain that when I was dealt my first stinging shot on the shoulder blade, I actually froze midstride, which earned me two more bruises. Paint ball guns are phenomenally inaccurate, that's the only way you actually hit someone - sheer luck - and you can be pulling away on the trigger as someone charges you from 20ft away and watch in vain as the little balls veer to the left and right.

I've got a couple of visible bruises I can wear fairly proudly, and I'm sure I would've had at least two or more had I not been shot in the head twice by vagrant paint pellets. I'm sporting a spectacular bump, but my hair's in the way, so it's not as dramatic. Here's a summary of my bruising:
  1. Left quad x 1
  2. Inner thigh x 2
  3. Left arm x 1
  4. Right shoulder blade x 1
  5. Skull x 2
It's probably going to hurt more tomorrow when the adrenaline and post-paintball half pint wears off.

No comments: