Saturday, January 26, 2008

Manchester, week 1

I'm finally on the road. We were told that we'd be spending about 50% of our time outside of London. By my calculations, I'm going to be spending the rest of this year on the road. I've been consigned to Manchester for four days a week for the next four weeks. I think I will eventually manage to leave the country.

In Manchester, old Victorian architecture rubs shoulders with modern monstrosities and several blocks of grim concrete buildings, a throwback from the 70s. Drunken women on a night out in this town have a similar fashion sense.

The first week has been hysterical. The team is hilarious. We've been working hard but the social time and drinks afterwards more than make up for any grief during the day. Good company, great times. My hotel room is possibly bigger than our flat in London, but more importantly, has significant Wii party potential.

No comments: