Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday once again

I think Pret completely abuses its position as the lunchtime go-to for stressed, unimaginative professionals, but it does include very cute extendable chopsticks with its sushi boxes.

I seem to have developed a very strange allergy to something spring-time that manifests as a large, angry hive-looking lump under my eye.

My laptop backpack is far from chic, and being the only chest-high tortoise on the tube during rush hour is very embarrassing.

The warm weather is great for romantic, billowy skirts and gladiator sandals, but less so for the corporate look - conscious efforts to avoid sweating only accelerates the process.

I felt bad not wanting to go and watch Iron Man with Weng, and he's so excited about the movie, so we're going tonight.

I'm still thinking about the space between the trees. Rob Bell's Nooma series on how Christianity relates to life is probably the most effective teaching tool I've ever tried. I usually struggle to pay attention to, much less remember, these things for any longer than 11 minutes (which is how long the clip lasted). Miracles do happen, it seems.

No comments: