Monday, June 23, 2008

A change is gonna come

My new layout is awesome. Cheryl made it for me because I'm a complete html noob. The pictures are three of my favourite things: my dog, the breakfast room at The Great John Street, Manchester, and a Parisian sunset. The colour scheme reminds me of the light brown coffee swirls in the foam of my latte every morning. My coffee dependency is getting worse, so I only thought it fitting that the life blood that is caffeine is also represented here. I think things should change with the weather, even if the recent passing of the summer solstice means we're on the way back to winter already. I've even developed a brand new obsession with accessories.

Otherwise, work's been pretty quiet. I'm on 'the beach' (oh, the irony). I usually update when I'm sitting around twirling my thumbs but after getting caught up in the entire first season of Greek on youtube, I've decided to start looking at how deep the water is for CFA level 2. I took up a whole hour of printing time this morning at the office, generating a queue of consultants who clearly had more value-adding printing purposes than mine, which was highly probably illegal anyway. Looks like part 2 is starting out well already.

We're almost thoroughly sick of football and our relationship is slightly strained, but you know that when Euro 2008 wraps up, we'll be huddled on the couch, flicking through the channels, waiting for a glimpse of a black and white football. Good thing there's Wimbledon to fill some of the gaping void, and then the Olympics, but that's on a weird timezone and I'll probably miss most of it anyway.

We're also moving really soon. Cheryl's nursing her beat up right foot from her beachfootball week in Zurich to get ready to trundle back and forth with our brand new platform sacktruck. Good thing she has a lot of friends to help this time around.

I'm really tired and I have to think of intelligent questions for tomorrow, so I think that's it for now.

No comments: