Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tomorrow's Friday

It's a little bit stressful when every other IM that pops up on your screen is someone wanting to talk about who's gotten 'outcounselled', doubly so when you know that everyone's mid-years are around the corner, and that every single review counts that little bit more amidst the current financial crunch.

Then there are the 20 odd interns that have started this summer. Keen beans that walk in infinitely better dressed than me, hogging the printers with white papers on risk that they read in their spare time while waiting for that life-defining meeting with our staffer.

But onto other things. Like the beautiful weather. Someone remarked the other day that he must bring luck to London. I asked, why? He said, because the weather's been pretty good for the last 9 months he's been here - no where near as depressing as he originally thought. I wonder what he prepared himself for because January through to April were pretty miserable.

Cloudy days are so quickly forgotten though in glorious 20 degree sunshine, I almost got a sunburn sitting under the skylight today, almost. My only gripe is that every morning I wake up at 6.30 and panic because it's too bright outside to be 6.30, it must at least be 9, and I must be late for work. I know I'm going to wake up one morning, winter will have crept back in, and it will be 9am and pitch black outside and I'll just go back to sleep.

The weather today made me duck out of the office to get cash, and on the way, I walked slowly past all the shops on sale, bought nail clippers, and went to get a frozen yoghurt, then finally made it to the cash machine.

Wow, a whole two paragraphs about sunshine. It must be Friday tomorrow.

Spain's in the final also. I love the spanish team, they're beautiful to watch, so beautiful.

No comments: