Wednesday, June 08, 2011

AV woes

Why aren't these things plug and play? I'm starting to tire of the same unhelpful blue screen that presents itself. That baleful and unrelenting colour returns every time I dive into the mass of wires, resetting, connecting and disconnecting in every configuration imaginable. Even my TV is fed up of me furiously, and I mean furiously, flicking through all of its inputs and modes that it's stuck on ATV and refuses to budge. I was reminded of how little sympathy Weng has on 6 hours of sleep when he wryly commented that it simply expedites the new TV process. My team mate at work merely asked if I had read the instructions -_- I'm so unclued-up on AV stuff that I didn't even know how to start Googling the issue.

So, under much stress and emotional distress, I resorted to basic consulting instincts and threw Visio at it in an attempt to impose order on the chaos. I'll see if my new, tidy schematic will help me tonight, otherwise I'm calling the cavalry.

Update: Visio clearly works, the PS3 and amp is online! Now for the finicky challenge of the BT box...

No comments: