Monday, April 24, 2006

And Action!

So it has begun for so many across England, except for, I think those in Durham who started a week ago (is that right?) and those in Warwick, York, and Southampton who won't be starting for several more weeks at least.

The gravity of the situation struck earlier this morning, having spent most of Easter moseying along in an on-break state of mind, I pulled out the relevant inch or so of notes for the first paper on Wednesday, and it was like what that iceberg did to the Titanic.

It is time to see exactly how much I've accomplished during four weeks of extremely hazy holiday. I fear that these exams will be something akin to running blindfolded across the M25 on a Friday. I take small reassurance from some of the MSN taglines that grace the names of my peers as they sign in and out with the various emotions that the approaching exams stir up, most of which stem from desperation, unpreparedness, or that ball-shrinking, all out fear that you feel when you're standing at the edge of an abyss.

In the scant days before the start of the papers, during which time I'm supposed to be tying up the loose ends across all my subjects, stay tuned for exactly how much of that precious time will be spent panicking right here on 'The Simple Things'.

I think it's time to change the title of my outpourings. 'The Simple Things' is too much like 'The Simple Life'. Which is just so demeaning. Have you seen that show?

I feel better though, thank you for listening.

No comments: