Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Back in London, reluctantly

This year has officially been an unsuccesful year for presents. The Amazon e-voucher Tish sent me hasn't arrived yet, but the paper version came, only having arrived after it expired. Hsiang, Nat, and Tom (thank you so much, btw) bought me a pair of beautiful boots, unfortunately they were a size too big, and when we tried to go back to get them changed, lucked out and came away with a voucher instead, which I will probably use to get a pair of serious "work" shoes for this summer, far more practical and useful but much less exciting. As you can see though, it's no one's fault, if anything it's made this year so much more memorable. It'll be the year of the 'almost' birthday gifts.

I just got back from Tish's. Every holiday we're here, Tish's is a must do like spring rolls and "chow main" at Chinese Restaurants for angmohs. I realised a lot of things during my stay at Tishen's these couple of days, which are presented below, in a list, because I like lists.

  1. It's really hard to leave. Every single time, we resolve to come back to London after 24 hours and end up staying 48.
  2. Your old old friends are always going to be old old friends that will laugh hysterically with you at 2am in the morning over Boggle.
  3. Tishen's karaoke machine loves Aaron. Even if he doesn't know the song and is making up the tune as he goes along, he'll still chalk up a 97.
  4. Young's voice has still stayed so wonderfully musical since the very first day I met her.
  5. Tash will always be my oldest, sweetest girlfriend.
  6. Cranium initiates an automatic division of labour according to our individual skills, and the girls always win.
  7. I do stress analysis questions much better on four and a half hours of sleep.
  8. I really needed that break.

No comments: