Monday, April 10, 2006

It's April

It's two weeks into the Easter holiday. Two weeks of slacking and messing around. And now I got two weeks left to do all the work that I had planned for four weeks. I'm just so efficient at cutting my time down.

I just read a blog somewhere, a rather lengthy one and I cringed at the end of it. It felt so superficial and fake, sorta like putting way too much icing on a cake with the aim of making it look tastier but instead ending up with a disaster. Maybe I'm too cynical coupled with the possibility that I'm biased against this person, with the mindset that whatever is written is to be taken with a pinch of salt. Thoughts of immaturity and an over eagerness to impress springs to mind. Makes me shiver just to recall what was written.

Then again, maybe it was all written with sincerity and honesty. Maybe if I didn't know this person I would have been inspired by the writings. Sigh.

Sometimes it's hard to be unjudging of others. Especially if it so happens that you have had a terrible experience with them before. One can try though.

No comments: