Monday, July 17, 2006

Things to do, places to go

I haven't had a single original thought in weeks. It's very depressing. I think it has something to do with the hours and hours of energy expended making work for myself. Then again, I also get messages like "Hi hunny, we just left Switzerland on the way to Germany. Switzerland was beautiful!" while I'm sitting at my desk, next to my supervisor, I might add, endeavouring to look furiously busy, while being furiously bored.

I also sent my sister home yesterday. I told her to go back because I didn't want her to stay here and be miserable, so she went, and Mum called to ask what the house is like without Cheryl. To be honest, not much different, because she spent much more time with her beloved laptop anyway. Besides, she only had two weeks left to work, and she didn't look like she was going to get off her butt and volunteer or something.

The shopping has been amazing here. I want to shop more. It's been almost four weeks so my working outfits have been on a very rapid rotation, especially since I barely have enough for one. I think the sale ends this weekend.

No comments: