Sunday, July 23, 2006

The world gets smaller

I've been meeting people non-stop. My four weeks in Singapore has seen me swimming in names that I've been struggling to remember. When I see someone I've met, it's a race as I sort through the list of names I've heard to pick a likely candidate and hope that I don't embarrass myself.

Today I followed Melissa to her church, Church of the Resurrection, Melissa is one of my childhood friends. When our parents met, they would sit us together on a chair, dress us identically, and take pictures of our confused-baby faces. At COR, I met Zach. Zach got on the same bus as me on my way to Bishan. On the way there, I found out that he is going out with Alex, one of the summer associates at HSBC, and that he also visited London quite recently. During his visit, he stayed with Chong Wai, who, we both agree is an amazing squash player.

Over the weekend, I talked to Jacob, who told me to visit his blog. On his blog were many pictures, one of which featured Chris, another SA at HSBC this year, who went to Harrows with Chi Meng's cousins.

Then there's Raminder, yet another SA, and close personal friend of Sach, my coursemate.

The more people I meet, the more connections I form, the more it feels like someone's closing the purse-strings on my already shrinking world.

No comments: