Saturday, March 14, 2009

From the moleskine: the first week of spring

The title is misleading, it's not really about the first week of spring, but I didn't want it to say 'week commencing 14 March 2009' which would've been more accurate but less poetic. It's been pretty hugs and kisses this week, so it'll stay in the underlying theme of spring and all of its hopefulness.

Here's how it went down.

Visa application: posted!
Major panic attack when the postman took it, and I was hanging onto it tight enough to leave embarrassing damp finger prints on the edges, but so glad it's off my list.

Netball Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: Almost-win, win, win, win, and win!
I was beginning to wonder what that felt like. In the words of my teammate, it wasn't nice being spanked every week.

Champions League: Liverpool many (i.e. 5), Madrid nil
Pacey, up-tempo, stylish game, or so the commentator said. A little hard to discern the quick passing when we had to watch a series of stills every single time the ball got near any goal. Why does the internet always do that?!

Champions League: Arsenal win on penalties
I got home in time for the shoot out and didn't miss a second. I was really rooting for the youngsters. (Arsenal are still relatively young, aren't they? I've been so out of the loop)

Serious CFA studying Thursday and Friday
Pensions accounting is not hot stuff, but at least you can sit around in your pj's in hopping distance of your duvet all day.

Raving Rabbids rawks
I turned down poker on the basis that it would keep me at the Wharf far too late and then discovered the wonderful bunny-bowling, cow hurling, warthog racing world of the Rabbids!

Man Utd vs Liverpool tomorrow lunchtime
Bring it.

No comments: