Sunday, March 08, 2009

Getting tech, booyah!

Because our attention spans are no longer capable of outlasting a 8-line block of text otherwise known as a paragraph, I feel the need to write either in lots of pictures or in numbered lists. Rudy was quick off the block on this one - his last 5 posts have involved lists, then again he's probably just catering to his target demographic. Since the first requires far more effort than I have on a Sunday afternoon, let me use the second medium to introduce you to the changes that have happened down my right margin.

1. Visual of the day
I like photos. I particularly like photos without people mugging for the camera. I know that reads antisocial freak, and while I do have lots of pictures of friends, let's try take the 'stretch opportunity' and be slightly artistic here. Also, Mum feels pity for Weng when we go on a family holiday and then I get back and make him sit through a 'What I did on my holiday' slideshow that goes big building, same big building from a different angle, same building from another building, same building from the inside, or mountain, mountain, mountain, lake, lake, lake, and sheep, so I'm subjecting all of you to that very slow death. It also provides a distraction for those who would rather not die an even slower death reading my latest rant.

2. Autostalking
I didn't actually know what this did until I put it up. I thought it was another version of a list of links, but I realise it's even cleverer because only those who update regularly stay on this list.

3. The Annals of Ash
Slightly narcissistic, I appreciate that, but that's essentially what a blog is. Anyway, I actually used to be a better writer before financial modelling sucked the joy out of my life. It's hard to be creative when your space is restricted to the light grey confines of a cell. Ha! Pun! (If you hadn't already noticed, I'm also more easily amused, so expect that there will be much less censorship on this. I will find cheese blog-worthy soon enough.)

4. Followers
A portal for you to show public support (and updates will appear on your blogger homepage, I've also noticed. If you get the sneaking suspicion that I don't really know what the gadgets I've added actually do, you're not far off.) I only have two followers at the moment and I had to do some arm-twisting to get them to sign on. One can hope though...

5. Count
More people visit, I write more/better. Even more people visit, I write even more and even better! It's a vicious circle.

No comments: