Tuesday, February 21, 2006

(GMT -5:00) Eastern Time

So here I am at three half in the morning, ignore what the time-stamp says - it doesn't want to change for me - in the hope that these indistinct hours that are too far past midnight to call midnight and too early to be properly morning will bring inspiration to my flagging fingers and long gone mind faster than my crappy internet connection calls up my theasaurus searches.

And past year exam papers, but don't panic, downloading them with intent to print and gather remains, at this point in time, purely intent. Come tomorrow, I may find that I have to spend more time renaming files as I seek to track and make sense of the various pdfs which I will proceed to save all over my hard disk.

Sleep evades me and I fear it will continue to evade me for the following reasons:
  1. I don't have the constant sound of Weng's gentle snoring to lull me to sleep
  2. It is bloody hot. I've set up my tiny desk fan that has saved me over the summer months, and I think I need to turn my heater off
  3. This is the second night I've done this so I think my body clock is starting to switch
  4. I have watched one too many CSI
  5. I have read one too many disturbing books, disturbing in the sense that none of them ended happily.
Which brings me to my next rant.

Trudi Canavan argh. For all the trials and tribulations her heroes go through, nothing ever ends happily. Can she not, for once, just give the heroine the guy she's in love with or the family that she craves instead of killing off, crippling, and/or maiming every single person that she holds dear. Otherwise it's not a bad read, even if the book leaves you feeling a little unfinished with a nagging sense that Canavan could eventually come up with something as epic as The Belgariad if she worked a little harder.

Yea, I know I'm tired and I'm also thinking that love stories seem leave my head in a whirl especially compounded by that-time-of-the-y'know effects, and I should just reread "Does anything eat wasps? And 101 other mildly interesting questions for a slow slow Sunday morning" for its much more significant calming effect. (If you're seriously considering looking for the book, it's published by New Scientist and is just called "Does anything eat wasps?")

I hope this satisfies the people who might rely on this blog as a form of entertainment of any sort from time to time. Given the lack of posts across the whole blogspot front, this might actually get me hits and make Rudy a little happier although I don't see how it could live up to his news of having been making the dating rounds for the last six days (congratulations, I'm elated for you. Yes, feel it.)

Arhar. I think I shall try to sleep now, though I doubt I'll be making that 9am tutorial.

No comments: