Thursday, June 01, 2006

It's been great folks

Third year has ended in a bit of an anticlimax, partly subdued by the fact that Weng's first paper is today and that there's a horrendous amount of tidying and packing to do. Lester looks like he stayed up all night (as he usually does before a flight, so I've heard), and his room is empty, which is a little depressing.

The project ended well, although the person chairing our presentation was a little bit of a whiny cow. I think the external examiner enjoyed himself though. Our poster didn't win anything, because of the only graph on the poster apparently offended one of the judges. Um, okay. Tom won though, Tom always wins - that guy is a graphic genius. The board was a massive success.

I should have brought my camera to take a picture of the amazing paint job Mike coordinated. Arctic camo has been redefined. Anyhow, it seemed like most of the year got on it at some point, including several of the department's esteemed lecturers, and the security guard, and whoever else happened to be walking through the foyer at that point.

I guess it was the coolest project there, in the sense that it was essentially a toy and very noisy, but no where near as scientific as a rolling rig, or as helpful as a percussion drill or plastic recycling unit for Africa.

And yea, I know I promised a movie of my board actually flying, but that got lost so I only have clips of my supervisor and assoc. supervisor being goofballs on our hoverboard. Unless you want those.

I have a whole bunch of errands to run that can't be put off anymore with excuses of too much work, not enough time. It feels weird that I don't have to rush into school and spend more time stressing at the team (which they handled really patiently). Projects are good for me, I lose weight, and my thighs and butt are pretty trim from all the power walking. Now it's time to get fat again.

No comments: