Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Some thrilling stuff

The last few days have passed on a Civilizations-4-soaked blur, only halted by the fact that Weng had to bring his computer back with him to Southampton. He's back there in his tiny, superheated room dredging up the motivation to study for his third paper (of three, I might add).

Daniel and Doris, having seen most of London armed with stamina, a different time zone, and one bottle of water, are now somewhere between Stonehenge and Bath.

I've been pretty much by myself for most of the day, something I'm not good at. I amused myself for most of the morning by crying over a Singaporean soap with English subtitles. I had to watch 20 episodes before it started to pick up, it was only then did the characters start to get self-sacrificing, back-stabbed, and misunderstood.

But there's only so much I can take in one day, which amounted to about six 45 minute episodes, and I'm now reading Jane Austen while figuring out a way to tell my cousins that I'll be legging it to Weybridge for a night and won't be here to see them off tomorrow when they leave for Paris.

I'm supposed to be packing - I've done some but haven't figured out what 30kg feels like. I'm probably going to have to repack everything anyway when Weng gets back all a-sighing and a-tsking, so I thought I'd save myself the trouble of doing it twice and just wait.

No comments: