Friday, June 16, 2006

London - KL - Singapore

London
We spent the last few days, no, hours to our departure frantically packing. To be more exact, 'frantically' would probably only apply to the two hours before and 10 minutes after our cab pulled up, the other days were spent assuring Weng it would be okay, there'd be plenty of time to get everything into boxes.

Got to the airport without much mishap anticipating to be well underweight baggage-wise because it seriously didn't feel that heavy, but ended up having to smile very sweetly at the check-in lady while our luggage sat on the conveyor belt 2 kilos over.

Threw up on the way home for like the first time in my life, then had to hand the warm and surprisingly heavy sick-bag to poor Weng while I found a wet wipe.

KL
Landed to extended cries of "Oh my gawd, you're so fat!" In my defence, no one wanted to help me finish all the icecream in the fridge. Otherwise, it's been good food, clockwork weather, and even more packing. We're due to move 'up the street' next week. Thankfully the packing is about all I'll be involved in, since I'm buggering off to Singapore on Sunday.

It's good being home. I've been shopping a lot insofar as the term refers to walking around various malls for hours. As to the actual buying of things, it took me three days to find a handbag and a pair of shoes, but the victory is sweet.

Singapore
Promises to be a funfilled ten weeks.

No comments: