Friday, May 04, 2007

Just one in a multitude of breaks

Sean was right, the pink was not attractive, so I changed it. Good old blue.

It's Friday and I'd normally be over the moon at the prospect of another weekend, but I've long since stopped measuring the passing of time in Saturdays and Sundays, but rather in exam papers. Not that I've had that many this year, but still, they're much more significant markers, just as a death row convict would count down to his moment of reckoning. This year's exams have so far been more than worthy of that metaphor.

I'm sitting amongst different kinds of stationery. Every single one of my favorite pens have run out of ink - something that's never happened before, and I have to find something I'm comfortable with by Wednesday. There's nothing like exams to get me extra fussy about writing instruments. Just the other day, I got so frustrated by my perfectly functioning but non-Pilot mechanical pencil with its 2B lead and the mess it was making, that I rushed out to buy a Pilot one to load with HB lead. However, not even that could save me from the massacre that was my Advanced Stress Analysis the very next day.

Yes, I have a subject called Advanced Stress, the admission of which was greeted with a snort from a certain law student who has units called PE300065512 and CC001FJLlkaks!!. I think, though, it wasn't really his night, so I shall forgive him.

Moving along with more of my quirks, Weng kindly pointed out that when I run, I sound like I'm dying. It doesn't help that even if I am dying, I can constantly see my grinning boyfriend out of the corner of my eye bouncing effortlessly along. It's only made me more self-conscious, and now I have to hold my breath while passing other pedestrians, which just makes for more pain; I already have to think about coordinating my feet and clenching my abs to stop that nagging stitch. Running is proving challenging, but I shall persevere.

I think that's about it. My mum's stopped calling me and is now emailing. I feel that the lack of full stops makes it so I can hear her voice in my head, along with the times she accidentally hits CAPS and doesn't bother to turn it off. Very charming and adorable.

Also, congratulations to Nicole who's just had another beautiful baby!

No comments: