Thursday, May 31, 2007

Submission complete

Couldn't sleep much last night because I was so anxious about handing everything in today. Got up early, walked all the way to school with my work clutched tightly to my chest, thought to beat the crowd and get it bound.

The repro room was a confusion of binding spines and paper trimmings. Managed to hand it in at 10am the first time. Thought I would feel relieved that everything had been done, but felt a growing worry as I walked away from the undergraduate office. Realised that I hadn't actually checked the page order after binding it. It made me turn around by the time I was two floors up and before I knew it I was asking Matt rather sheepishly if I could have my stuff back to look over. And the pages were really out of order! Mg. Cold sweat. Resubmitted it half an hour later. That's pretty much been the story of my whole year.

The others had funnier stories to tell about what happened to them during the twenty-four hours leading up to 12pm. The usual things about all-nighters, broken printers, messed up margins, stolen reams of paper, and bowel-melting stress. I have a feeling only about half the year managed to get it in on time. The queue for the binders in the repro-room were still pretty long at 12.05pm, and someone was still putting their appendix together at 3pm.

It's actually been a pretty tiring day. I don't know whether to hate or love estate agents, but I definitely hate it when Weng and Cheryl make me do the break up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on submitting your project :) You should be happy that the moments leading up to the (re)submission were relatively uneventful!

Anyway, now you can seriously relax and enjoy the holiday. Congratulations again!

Ash said...

thanks hsiang :) i'm actually finally going to see the british museum tomorrow, as my reward. what a geek.