Friday, June 08, 2007

And it's a wrap

Four entire years of my undergraduate life ended today with a mumbled 'Thank you' as I made way for Godwin to give his presentation. I'd been dying to finish as soon as I started fourth year, but today, I actually felt sad.

The night leading up to the presentation was stressful. I didn't realise how hard it was saying "particulate-filled polymer", and I kept getting lost halfway through my dry-runs trying to think of a better way to phrase things. I couldn't recall anything I said today, so I can only hope it made some sense. There weren't many questions after that so I might have convinced them that I knew what I was talking about, or maybe they were just too stunned by the babbling to think of a good question other than "What the hell was that?". Anyway, it's all over, and I feel completely and utterly lost.

At least I have a good book, or several good books rather. I've been splurging for summer reading, completely set on enjoying this break. Getting a parcel is always so satisfying, but Cheryl has taken the initiative to open any thing that comes in a brown box or padded envelope as soon as she gets her hands on it. Half the fun gone, like that.

I can finally sleep in tomorrow. It's a Saturday, meaning no one's going to start drilling into our skulls at 8am. We fight to try and stay in that perfectly cozy place you can only find when you have to get out of bed, which is until about 9am before giving up. Then the drilling and hammering stops as they take their midmorning break. Five days a week of utter frustration, but we're going soon. Thank goodness.

No comments: