Saturday, June 02, 2007

Doing absolutely nothingish

I've realized that flat hunting is exactly like the way I shop, and yes, despite the fact that I wear pretty much the same jeans and/or hoodie to school every single day, I do actually buy new clothes. Sometimes. Okay fine, so I'm really fussy, and I guess it doesn't help that when I do go shopping I only have a vague idea of what I want, which infuriates Weng (who actually likes shopping, just not so much with me). I'm very much a 'I'll know it when I see it' kind of person.

Anyway back to the point of this. Basically we went to see a flat on Friday evening that I totally fell in love with. I loved it for its cream carpets, its bay windows, and its price. I walked in and it grabbed me and now I can't imagine living anywhere else. It's the same way when I try on something new that's perfect. Funnily, it's not an impulse at all, even if it does sound like that. I think that's what I wanted to say for now. There's a flat that I absolutely love and if we don't get it, I'm going to be gutted.

That, and also that I'm feeling really lost now that there's nothing to push for or stress out about. The presentation is far away enough to not feel it yet. There are things to do, like book flights and pack I guess.

I don't know what it was, maybe I wasn't totally in the mood, but yesterday when I went to the British Museum, one of the most renowned collections of historical artefacts in the world, I was more impressed with the outside of the building. That's a little harsh, I'll admit. I thought the Egyptian mummies were really very interesting, and some of the exhibits looked exactly like the pictures in my primary school history books, but other than that, it was kinda like: statue, statue, statue, vase, statue, statue, sword, statue vase, vase, vase, statue, statue, statue. Except for the Asia rooms which were more like deity, deity, deity, deity, bowl, deity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flat hunting's not like clothes shopping. You can't return your flat within 28 days, you have to make appointments with agents, and you can't change flats everyday. It's a tedious and horrible process, especially when you're operating on a budget and trying to satisfy everyone's needs.

However, I will give you this: When you do eventually stumble upon the flat of choice, it's like walking into a clothes store you hardly frequent and finding that elusive top, sandwiched between two hideous other ones, the last one remaining, just the right size and perfect fit.

Oh, I also hope you do get that place you saw on Friday :)

Ash said...

Haha, well put. You sound so effeminate. what is with boys nowadays ;) hope the studying's going well!

Anonymous said...

It's the Cosmo magazines you women leave lying around... oops... I've said too much.