Saturday, June 16, 2007

Here and there

I'm so jet lagged. Averaging five hours of sleep a day and I've been back three nights already. The water retention is pretty bad too, I feel like one of those desert toads. Or at least I hope it's all water weight, which is a lot easier to ditch than fat weight. Just waiting for it to fall off. Anytime now. Just waiting. C'mon.

My first night back, I sat in front of the TV and watched an entire hour's worth of E! before realising that our old boxy thing is now a super sleek flat screen. I can't wait for football to start. Dad complained that since E! started as one of the free channels, that's all they watch when mum has the remote. Yesterday I must've watched the same entertainment news cast three times, and I've established that their target audience can only understand things in lists of ten.

It's pretty funny watching my mum and dad try to arrange our trip to New Zealand. My mum is uber proactive, we think she'd be CEO of something or other by now if she stayed in the work force. My Dad on the other hand is pretty laid back.

It's a little confusing coming back to so much random food in the fridge, which is very full, only I can't seem to find anything to eat, like bread.

On my first day, I got boxed in. I can still parallel park, which I'm pretty impressed with, but some auntie toting a massive LV concoction parked her Harrier and locked me in.

Running with my dog is pretty fun. She gets really happy. My mum came too, and Perdy was so paranoid about being left behind, she didn't want to stop and take a poo, which is usually why she's so desperate to go out in the morning in the first place.

I'm really enjoying life at home. Not once in the last three days has someone asked me "So what are you cooking for dinner?".

No comments: