Friday, April 03, 2009

Five days of aggravation

Monday: Realised that the possibly fastest-ever job application was only made to THE best digital media agency in the world, crappy cover letter and all. Score.

Tuesday: Discovered that aspiring copywriter/journalists don't get paid enough to actually live in London. Dragged myself to a totally uninspired chat with a headhunter on why I'm an amazing quant (because i<3 financial services and montecarlo simulations). Then travelled an hour to get crushed by the opposing team. Got repeatedly sat on by the goalie (netball is a strange game) and gave up fighting the 40in ass that kept body checking me.

Wednesday: Waited at Buckingham Palace for 5 hours (ah the joy of being jobless) for Obama to rock up - saw the Mexican president twice, Camilla, someone in the Navy with things on his shoulder, several black limos and entourage-bearing Vianos, and the back of Obama's Lincoln when it finally nipped in on the right when we were looking left. Then rushed across London for versatility only to run hard, but still lose.

Thursday: Rushed to French class in the morning, then spent the rest of the day entertaining myself and thinking about the quickest capitalist-driven way to blow my ISA money.

Friday: Blew my ISA money in fifteen minutes while sitting on the couch in my pyjamas. Hurried to an assertive behaviour workshop only to be reminded that I'm not successfully assertive in any way, just aggressive and reactive. Spent most of the evening listening to the awesomeness of 1088 only to never make it there in the end.

1 comment: