Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Time to think

Dishes have reached critical mass in the sink but we're still resiliently working around the issue. It's much more fun improvising plates and cups than actually washing them.

Road tested the PS3 last Friday with Streetfighter and spent most of the weekend with really sore forearms and potential nerve damage. I also stood in front of the PS3 game offering at HMV and struggled to find more than two I'm really excited about. I think it's time to concede that I'm not a 'serious' gamer and that neither the Wii nor the PS3 really cut it. The opinion may be revised when we move to E14 and are in sore need of entertainment on the weekends all transport links to the Wharf are severed. I heard there are a lot of water fowl in the area though, and we have bread.

I've recently lost more than a couple of friends to the phenomenon that is 'going steady'. They go to ground and you never here from them again except on Bank holiday weekends. Springtime.

I've perfected my made-from-scratch pancake recipe but now I don't think I want to eat anymore. On the topic of breakfast, Weng made a half packet of instant oats, surmising that that since it's half a packet, it only requires half the time in the microwave. It, in fact, does not, but he ate it anyway. So far, his oat-eating experience has been less than appetising.

Learning French is great. There's nothing like group humiliation to make you learn your vocab! For once it's not me, which is even better. But seriously, the teacher is really good, or maybe I'm still haunted by memories of Mr. Yao and mandarin tuition. Did you know, I used to win 'don't smile' competitions because of him - I'd just call up the memory of his face and the grin would drop like a hot potato. Victory always came at a cost.

I'm just looking at my bookshelf now. Amazon has been too good to me. Then I found Amazon Prime and there's been no turning back since. Now I need to figure out where I can get a truck big enough to move it all come June, particularly since I've been shopping by a certain minimum number of pages. I can't bear to sell any of them either.

5 comments:

The Ruud said...

PS3!

bstzeli said...

i got little big planet, winning eleven, guitar hero & dynasty warriors

i play winning eleven... only. well not only. the games arent that great
fun but not great
yeah

bstzeli said...

little big planet is very colorful though and its quite fun but i don't play it i don't know why

Ash said...

little big planet is the only game I think I'd play! that and guitar hero :p

bstzeli said...

want to buy my guitar hero!
lol