Wednesday, April 08, 2009

That's the spirit

I like writing when I'm on a warm buzz from an alcoholic beverage. I'm so much more inspired to spout and much more articulate in my ramblings, at least from the fuzzy view over here.

Today's been a mixed bag. I bought that sweater I loved - found a UK stockist for Dace in Norwich somewhere who do free UK delivery, yay! (Weng says I is naughty)

I decided my outfit worked, although there's a definite inconsistency in the feedback from the mirrors around our flat and whether or not you stand on something when you're looking into them.

My mock fit interview went well although preparation was minimal. My coach said I was articulate and well spoken. When I watched the video, I was completely fixated on (and utterly horrified by) my completely mangled accent and the dork on screen. Then I bombed my case interview because I couldn't remember the 3 C's or the 5 forces or the 4 P's or any other arbitrary number of letters, and I couldn't add without a calculator or an Excel spreadsheet.

Liverpool lost in the C'League, which really sucked. At home, which sucks even more. To Chelsea, gaaaah.

Came home to find that my net position on my new and very adult portfolio of investments was down 0.19%.

Ok, so in retrospect, the day started well but ended in the potty (like the stock market), only it doesn't feel that bad because I'll have a beautiful new sweater in a couple of days and because I think that one G&T might have inadvertently been a double, thank you mister firstdayonthejob bartender.

No comments: