Sunday, January 15, 2006

In review

The first week back's been very much straight into the deep end. Battling jetlag, hunger pangs at all odd hours of the day as my body struggles to correct its clock without the aid of sunlight, and finishing a report has proved extremely challenging.

I wasn't rushing my report for the deadline, I just didn't get to read it about a gazillion times over and 'make small changes' as Lester did (our printer stayed very warm in the last couple of days before the deadline), and my supervisor got back to me too late with offer of a scanner so I resorted to the old fashioned way of photocopying, cutting and pasting, and photocopying again. So to be clear, I wasn't rushing my report - just so my mum can't go "Aiyoh, see? I told you."

I didn't really get to wish Cheryl luck, especially since she's sitting her entire physics A level in one shot and up until last Wednesday she thought that dropping ballast would make the hot air balloon accelerate sideways. Anyhow, I'm sure she'll be fine.

Fantasy Football has made the weekend another rollercoaster of emotion. To all those poor sods out there who dropped Henry after two crappy weeks, I'm sorry but relieved because I could never afford him anyway, so I'm glad no one else got him. Hehe.

Oh, we got our new netball uniforms. They're like swimsuits - tight and lycra, with skirts without built in underwear +phew to the lack of built in underwear+. They're dark blue, even with the rather large and embellished old IC crest, so like I said before, I'm so thankful IC has such awesome team colors, otherwise we would look like a bunch of aubergines.

No comments: