Tuesday, January 03, 2006

King Kong and other stories

I'm getting old, and I can tell because any fast, blurry scenes with lots of movement, or even slow scenes with a lot of movement make me feel horribly ill. I just saw King Kong, it had a lot of first-person type views and now I feel nauseous.

I've also realised I have a thing for continuity in the scenes of a movie or at least a satisfactory transition. If something's set on a densely forrested island with giant bugs and dinosaurs, it should stay on the island. Cutting to a snowy, glitzy New York just threw me off completely and has left me feeling incredibly disturbed for some obscure reason.

We actually wanted to watch Narnia, but there weren't anymore tickets. I'm incredibly disappointed because a) it's been out for like a month, I thought we were the only ones who haven't seen it, and b) the kids are technically back to school so seats should've freed up. But no. I might just have to go back to England and still be the only one who hasn't seen it.

My brother has time managment issues. It would be less stressful for everyone if he told us that he had tuition at 7pm before we decided to go for the movie rather than at 6.50pm after we'd finished watching it. Now my mum is upset for the second time today. The first was Cheryl's fault because she was still awake at 4am, causing my mum to storm into the room hot on her heels while they were having a bit of a shout. It made me wake up all confused and thinking it was time to get up. I should've known it was going to be one of those days.

But there was dimsum and now there's steamboat.

No comments: