Sunday, July 22, 2007

Back in KL

I got back by the skin of my teeth, barely making my ride home at 5.30pm. I sat with Godwin at the visa agency for what felt like an eternity before they called out my name, each of the twenty long minutes sank me further and further into despair. I was expecting to wait until everyone else had been served before being told that my passport hadn't been returned yet, but when they called me name, I was out of there like a shot.

So the week I was in Singapore consisted of a lot of grief, namely the visa agency, the weather, and how quickly the taxi meters tick over. I was so stressed out getting my application together and then waiting for it that I've developed a twitch in my right upper eyelid. However, I am ever so grateful to Godwin, Phin, Lester, Viks, Ming, and Chris for entertaining me. It was so good meeting up with them. I now have a new favorite place to go to in Singapore besides the ice cream place on 6th Avenue - Chocolate by Max Brenner serves orgasmic hot chocolate.

It was also wonderful spending some time with my Grandma, trying to scratch together a few sentences in Hokkien. It was a pathetic attempt for someone of my ethnicity, but a huge victory for me when, for once, it wasn't met by a completely blank gaze or side-splitting laughter. My cousin, on the other hand, has reached that age where meal times have all the volatility of a war zone.

Now to start another week of yoga and relaxing. My weeks are disappearing so quickly. Eeee.

No comments: