Sunday, July 15, 2007

Before I go

Buffets are the most entertaining times to people watch, when they have to wrestle their gluttony in the public eye. Like that guy that grabbed the nearest thongs and tried to dive into pile of salmon sashimi, only to be stopped by the chef and told to use the long fiddly chopsticks instead, or the woman who picked up every single piece of fish on the plate to check its underside. I wasn't sure what she was looking for, but Cheryl said to tell her that 'the gold is underneath the tuna' the next time I saw her.

I'm totally addicted to Michael Buble's 'Everything'. It makes me so mushy feeling. That and 'Before he cheats' by Carrie Underwood. I'm waiting for Malaysian radio to ruin those songs for me though, through a severe case of overplaying; the way Elliott Yamin's voice triggers an immediate finger on the presets.

I'm off to Singapore tomorrow morning. I'm seeing how quickly I can get in and get out, preferably with my entry clearance in tow. Hopefully they won't stop me from re-entering Malaysia, thinking I've just ducked into Singapore for 48 hours to refresh my visitor's pass. Not that I want to be completely antisocial and not see anyone, in fact I've already got a dinner booked for Monday night and lunch on Tuesday, but I'm so desperate to just rest at home before the great New Zealand adventure kicks off in two weeks or so. Holidays abroad with my family always seem to feel like they go at breakneck speed, especially when Mum's idea of sleeping in is 8.30am (9 O'CLOCK ALREADY! GET UP!).

My summer is running by as fast as a good book.

1 comment:

sarah said...

lhey.you've been tagged(:
check my blog out.
ninjasarah.blogspot.com