Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Overdue and overrated

All my birthday presents have straggled in a little late this year, apart from the scarf and Tishen's brithday message, everything else has been delayed.

Ti's birthday message came with the most hilarious warning I've ever read:

"Happy 21st Birthday! Unauthorised copying, duplication, and sale, public screening of this video is strictly prohibited. This disc is programmed to self-destruct if used with the intent of causing harm to the reputation of its production company (TT Ltd.) or in any circumstances that even remotely resemble the act of blackmail. View responsibly. TT 2006."

After watching the video, I was relieved to discover that Tish isn't just TT, but TTP, the total package, ah ha (yes ladies, he has absolutely everything), but also horribly disappointed that I could not share my hysterical joy with the rest of the world. No matter, I know we're in good company should we ever decide to go to a wedding reception or golden 50s dinner and dance.

On Monday Weng and I braved the wind, and I'm so not kidding about the wind, gale force you know! And headed to Fenchurch St. way way on the other side of the Circle Line, and bought a printer! We now co-own a beautiful Epson DX4200 All-in-one (I changed my mind and decided not to cash in my birthday present ticket just yet) that promises to do everything short of laundry.

Yesterday, Rudy sent me my birthday present - a very sweet testimonial that I refuse to post on account of being too selfish to share his writing. Some of his lines are worthy of an Oscar, they are.

Earlier today I found out I will be spending most of this summer in Singapore, "conspermed", as Lester likes to say (thank you so much!), so thus begins phase one of my netball aspirations. After looking at the average height of the Australian team which stands at about 185cm, I was panicking slightly, but my fears were unwarranted when I discovered that the average height of the Singapore team is 170 (that's me!), so I have a chance I reckon.

Going back a couple of days, I found out my most favorite icecream at Bar Ciao is the Strawberry Sundae. The basics are always reliable, although I do want to try the Peach Melba. Took Tom to Belgo's at Covent Garden, that place is so impressive the first time, then not so afterwards.

That's about as far back as my memory goes. I'm still waiting for my sister to send my stuff over, for Tish's e-voucher for Amazon (whee!), and our long promised trip to the British Museum.

No comments: