Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Tuesday brings crappy weather

Thinking back, it seems that quite a while has passed since I stepped foot on UK soil to begin uni. Being under 18, I had problems getting things done. For one, I couldn't open a regular bank account like everyone else but had to apply for a 'Young person's account' and subsequently change it when I was of age. Only found this out 2 weeks later when I received a letter rejecting my initial application. You would think the bank would have checked my particulars or informed me of that problem when i first handed in the form.

Then there was the time I got asked for ID buying some sparkling grape juice that was NOT alcoholic. I was too stunned to question why I was being asked. Thank goodness Ash stepped in. It didn't help that I was almost 20. Had to endure countless days of teasing after.

Now almost 3 years along, I feel so much has changed. However, it's hard to imagine I'm graduating before 21. How can one feel so old and young at the same time?? Sometimes I want to just go out and work, earn a salary and see what lies beyond university life. Other times I'm content to just stay where I am, worring about what to cook for dinner, wasting the day away watching some TV series or being glad that I can sleep til 10 the next day. However circumstances, obligations and responsibilities is closing the door on the latter. It's gathering pace and seems to be just a matter of time before it'll be closed forever.

In other news, Champions League tonight! =) so I'll be temporarily putting those responsibilities and what not on hold for 2 hours.

No comments: