Thursday, March 23, 2006

A princess for a day

The party didn't really get started until about 4pm when Weng arrived. It was one of the surprises of the day, although somewhat unsuccessful. I was almost convinced nothing was going to happen until I called him earlier. We chatted for about five minutes and he managed to hide the background noises well but in a split second of silence, the ding-ding-ding came through followed by the announcer's voice that betrayed his location and placed him on the platform with the arrival of the 1408 to London Waterloo.

He arrived with the promise of a special dinner, so we spent the next three hours and fortyfive minutes of Wednesday afternoon like this:

Where are we going?
You'll see later.
Okay, what do I wear?
Well I'm going in a t-shirt and jeans.
What kind of food is it? Chinese?
No, not chinese, but it's very near by.
It's Carluccio's isn't it? Where are we going? You can tell me! We'll still be going anyway.
You'll see later.
Can't we go earlier? I'm hungry.
No, the reservation's made for 7.45pm, you can't go earlier. It will be really crowded.
No, London people don't eat dinner so early, it'll be less crowded at six. I'm starving.
No, we can only go at 7.45.
Only at 7.45? Who are we meeting?!
What makes you think we're meeting anyone?
We must be meeting someone, it wouldn't be so exact otherwise.

I was so totally on to him. Even more so when he refused to leave until 7.47 when his phone buzzed with a missed call. It such an awesome dinner with my nearest and dearest in London, minus Tash who was caught up in Cheltenham with her mum.



Ti's mum made me that lovely scarf! Tish, you totally look like a tourist, and I don't know why Terence looks like a bouncer, but thank you guys so so much for coming!

Then I got home, saw the brilliant surprise my unbelievably amazing housemates had got me and wished very strongly that I didn't have that tiramisu for dessert.


We are such an attractive bunch.

Anyway, I think Weng's going to take my shopping for a printer this weekend. I know, so practical right? I asked for it, because I feel bad bugging Lester to print stuff out for me, and I think a scanner/copier would come in handy too. I'm 21, I've had enough of teddybears and trinkets, give me something I can use.

2 comments:

NiCoLe RoDrIgUeS said...

Happy 21st Birthday Sweet Sweet Ashley.. time really fliess!!. i remember your"I'm a little tea pot days".. and now my daughter is.. singing IT!!. WOW!! glad u had a great day!! Lotsa Love, Teddy Bear Hugs and XXXXXX Nicole & Family

Ash said...

thanks nicole, i cant wait to get back to KL and hear Kaelyn sing it! (Grandma must be SO proud) haha, yea those good ol' teapot days, that song never gets old.