Thursday, December 08, 2005

Friendster came good

I think Wooby's idea of setting up a Class of 2001 circle on Friendster is pretty cool. Weng showed it to me this afternoon, and I must say, I look forward to seeing who else joins. It definitely satisfies all those people out there who spend lazy afternoons thinking back to highschool and wondering what became of everyone else. Call me a busybody, but it's good to know that so many people are doing so well, and that they look happy, and as we start to move out of university and onto the rest of our lives, I think it'll get even more interesting.

On the subject of friends, it seems that my group of college mates from HELP have formed so many ties with people from GIS over the last two years. I'm continuously surprised by how tightly crosslinked everyone is, especially since there is this thing called Friendster that was an absolute must to join a few years ago. It's wonderful how it seems to bring so many lives together, like a huge tangle of brightly coloured string, with genuine delight in realising that everybody really knows everybody else.

It makes the whole world a little smaller, a little closer to home, and not quite so scary anymore.

No comments: