Sunday, December 25, 2005

One to remember

What a weekend it's been. The last 72 hours have passed in a blur of activity. There was the last minute Christmas shopping for Cheryl's presents with Cheryl, then extorting our brother for the gifts he helped buy to his cries of "but you guys spent a whole month's allowance in two hours!".

Then there was the CBC Christmas Cantata, which was all cosiness and warmth. Saturday was spent preparing our first every Christmas Eve dinner with turkey. It was a small turkey so everything turned out perfectly, and I found out Mum makes amazing mushroom soup. The apple pie was good although I had to really coax my stomach into stretching just a little bit more. In true Chinese tradition where the eve of an important holiday is the most celebrated, we opened our Christmas presents early, with many faked gasps of surprise, seeing as we chose most of the gifts ourselves - we're sarcastically connected like that, but the feeling was real, of the sort you only see on TV.

Then today was just awesome. I finally got baptized and now I feel so much lighter, having finally taken a step that I should've got up the courage to do a long time ago. We had to do a reprise of our songs from Friday night and my narration stuck in a few places because there were just so many more people this morning.

My family, Weng, CBC, this glorious Christmas holiday...God has blessed me with so much more than I deserve. It's good to be back.

No comments: