Friday, December 23, 2005

Tis the season

Last night was awesome. I didn't realise how stressed out I was or that I've been running on nothing but high levels of tension for the last four days, that when our choir presentation was finally over, I sat down and almost nodded off during the sermon after. Then I was told that we have to do it all again on Sunday morning, but it's all for the Lord so we're more than willing workers, and Christmas only comes once a year anyhow.

Everyone's ill - bad throats, tickly coughs, and a couple of fevers running everywhere, but the choir put it in an admirable performance and the soloists were incredible. I barely knew the words, so my eyes kept sliding down to the telemonitor at our feet, and I didn't really know the alto part, so I just picked a note wherever I could hear it and gave it my best shot.

I'm getting baptized tomorrow. It being Christmas day as well makes it even more special. CBC have been nothing but fully supportive, patient, and absolutely wonderful in helping me get to this point. Especially our Pastor for his encouragement and teaching, and Jon, for all of his support and excitement.

We're even having a Christmas Eve dinner with turkey and all that. This is a first for my family I think.

This festive season has truly been an inspired one! Happy Christmas!

No comments: