Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Out of the blue comes a post

It's been a while. Haven't had the time or inspiration to put anything down that's worth mentioning. *sigh* However I've decided to cut "The Experiment" short. (It's the 23rd of Nov entry.)

First things first. I bring to you the much awaited answer to,

Question: Does Ash draw more (A) 'friend requests' and (B) 'random "hello/hey" messages' on Skype because she's female?

IMPORTANT information prior to testing
1) I get on average, if I'm lucky, one hit every 2 months.
2) I believe myself to be the average male Skype user and thus be an ideal guinea pig.
3) I was bored.

THE TEST

Changed my online gender to female for about a total of 2 weeks. With the first week gone I got two hits *woohoo, with regards to the test mind you...* and then...nothing. Ash concluded after a week and a bit "I don't think there are many sexy females who call themselves Weng".

*slap forehead* small oversight =p

Decided to go with a more, and I quote, "sexy" name. Samantha was coined. Ash suggested it cos she thinks Samantha from "Bewitched" is sexy. And hey, who's to argue with the one that gets on average 3 hits a day? WIthin the first week, I got 8 hits! Amazing stuff. Which promptly brings me here.

*drum roll*

I conclude after 3 weeks of extensive *ahem* albeit crude testing, that Ash does indeed garner more hits than me because she's female. However, that alone does not guarantee 3 hits a day, the female MUST and i stress, MUST have a sexy name. lol. I guess guys think that Ashley is a sexy name.

Something additional that was considered was that my email was weng####@gmail.com. Perhaps that was noted prior to chat-time. Didn't bother to check that angle out. Too much work.

Implications and follow-ups to this experiment. None. Boredom satisfied.

Note: This test will not divulge the online identity of male Skype users that inadvertently fell foul of my experiment. =)

On a side note, 3 days to home! =D WOOHOO!

Second side note, good to hear Rudy's back on his feet =)

No comments: