Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Halfway through

Wednesday afternoons are like shimmering white-beached islands in the damp, oppressing gloom of weekdays. A time for doing absolutely nothing, giving yourself up to a few hours of complete idleness, ignoring the books, the lecture notes, the deadlines...only to be bitchslapped into submission the next Thursday morning.

But it is Wednesday, and there are a whole bunch of tutorials and projects hanging ominously over my head, and I've got more laundry to do. It never lets up and if I don't watch it for a couple of days, the monster that is the pile of dirty clothes gets bigger and starts to spread out from its corner.

My brother's class though - 'Agent Ashley, have you received the package?'. Mum must've put him up to it coz he doesn't talk to me online otherwise, and she worries about things getting lost in the mail on the way over here. It totally cuaght me off guard. He must get his sense of humour from me.

Otherwise, team trials are tonight. I'm quite nervous even though it should be okay. Technically. Unless the whole ULU team decides to try out, effectively displacing everyone on the IC team who haven't already left coz they're really good. I dunno, we'll see how it goes I guess.

No comments: