Saturday, October 02, 2004

A place called home

There's so much stuff! I can't believe there can ever be so much stuff! Or maybe there's not enough space. More and more bags and boxes seem to keep turning up, it's like there is no end to the amount of stuff - not particularly important stuff either; a lot of it comes under 'I'll probably need this'. Pack rat or not, after 12 hours of unpacking, tidying, and moving things, I'm finally set up. Weng and I, well mostly Weng, even hauled a 24.7kg desk six blocks and then set the thing up in about forty-five minutes. Very impressive considering he could barely bend his fingers for half an hour after he put the thing down.

I'm pretty happy with my room. Even though it's really small, it's now very much a girl's room and cosy too; it even looks out onto the garden. It felt more 'mine' when Pate, Pookie, and Christmas claimed their rightful place on my bedspread. My room's my own little slice of heaven. I miss home home though. Like a lot.

Right now we’re out at Weybridge, Zone X. It's so beautiful out here, the leaves are starting to turn with the season, and everything's a riot of green and gold. It's such a wonderful getaway from the claustrophobia of central London - I can see why Tish loves it here. We're going to look around Royal Holloway tomorrow. I know that going to a university on a Sunday sounds pathetic, but because Tish has all of four scandalous hours of lectures a week, we'd never see the place otherwise. We're also going to the nursery tomorrow to adopt a plant, and it's nasi lemak tonight!

No comments: