Thursday, October 21, 2004

Twins

I have two current theories on partners:
  1. If you've been with someone for a long time, you start to look like them, walk, talk, or even act like them. You start to become them.
  2. The above point is easily helped along because you're inclined to 'get together' with another person who's quite like you anyhow.

I don't get a lot of people agreeing with me on the first one. Maybe everyone's just in a state of denial about themselves, their partners, they're parents, or their friends. It's pretty funny. My parents agree with me though - they even said that they got asked if they were brother and sister. I think Weng's parents kinda look the same, a lot of long term couples look very similar too.

Maybe it's because we spend far too much time infront of the mirror and it's essentially defined what we think of as attractive. Maybe, subconsciously, we know that if we pick someone who looks kinda the same, then the kids'll have a chance of turning out with more attractively balanced features. No clue really, but walk down the street next time and take a closer look at all the couples. People pick their pets like that too! +grin+

No comments: