Thursday, October 28, 2004

Microshit

When it rains, it pours. On the happiness vs. time graph of my life, I've swung into the negative and in a big, careening, out-of-control way too. So after the heartbreakingly mysterious disappearance of my camera, I've lost one of the other loves of my life as well. Microsoft killed my computer.

Actually, it didn't kill my computer, instead, the Windows XP service pack 2 left it a mere shell of its former self. A vegetable. And I'm still struggling with the Windows reinstallation simply because in order to finish it, I need service pack 1, which I can't get because I need to download it off the internet, but I don't even have the capabilities to download it off the internet and install it because I need the service pack. Tadaa. Welcome to the sheer moronicity that is Microsoft.

I can't believe that they have the nerve to promote themselves as a 'fast and reliable' OS, that they DARE encourage you to download service packs to enhance the stupid thing, and that they have all kinds of disclaimers to keep them out of court. What kind of sick freak can sleep at night knowing that he's costing the world's economy trillions of dollars in tech support?!

We should just all live in nests in the trees with the animals without any kind of electronic devices because they only seek to bring grief to humanity.

...and I have unidentifiable soggy lumps in my tea...wonderful.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what if you format the pc completely? or get someone in kl to snail mail you a pirated WinXP CD.

ben

Ash said...

yea i managed to get it sorted out. i just dont have the MS office software. waiting for that at the mmt.