Monday, October 10, 2005

Note worthiness

The literature project's taking off nicely, and I think I'm really starting to settle back into the swing of college, even if all the classes are still overflowing with students. I'm waiting for people to hurry up and decide so I don't have to stand through another lecture. It's hard to concentrate on what the guy's saying when your feet are throbbing at you. At least if you sit, you only get a numb butt half way through reminding you to switch cheeks. (Too much was said there, perhaps.)

Italian was good fun today. The excitement of learning a new language probably isn't going to let me think negatively of the class until I start to really struggle with coursework. I wonder how much they can really make you write because apparently we get our first piece two weeks in, which is about five contact hours away. That's really intimidating actually.

Anyhow, we're still riding on the good mood of our porter and the absent mind and sometimes absent body of our flat manager for the furniture, a copy of the contract, and the washing machine. At least the microwave came today. Yay.

I have no book to read. No, that's not true. I actually have several.

I have a book entitled 'High performance materials in aerospace' and another dusty tome bearing the words 'Engineering composite materials'. And then there's Weng's copy (which he left) of 'Daily Bread' and lastly my Italian textbook, 'Contatti 1'.

The first two are so old looking I'm afraid to check that they're even written in English, and Contatti's in Italian (no shit), so this is like God's way of telling me I should spend more time in spiritual contemplation I think. It's not too bad, I'm already way ahead of Weng on our attempts at Bible study, even without a Bible. Aha.

And I watched two episodes of CSI today. I find the series so morbidly fascinating I can't help but put myself through the agony of another wide-eyed, stare at the shadows all-nighter.

No comments: