Friday, October 14, 2005

Surprise surprise

I remember glancing through the first tutorial of the year with a mildly interested 'is it even possible?' before shutting the handout away in my file.

Now I'm staring at that tutorial and the additional ones we received this week in blank misery. Ohshitohshitohshitohshit, was the best I could come up with last night, and the filtered grey of a new morning hasn't improved matters much.

It's also supposed to be Skirt Day. Yes, the female Mech Engineers have to make it a point to remind ourselves and our colleagues that we are, indeed, female. I've already seen pockets of resistance, as they throw off the yoke of two years of hoodies, jeans, and sneakers, coming to college a bundle of defiance wrapped in taffeta scarves and dainty slippers.

So excuse me while I rummage in my cupboard for a wearable skirt and then work up a headache accessorizing it. It also happens to be the coldest day of the week.

No comments: