Thursday, October 27, 2005

We win

When I thought I would never be playing this much netball, it turns out that the training and the matches never seem to end. In explanation of "the pain starts Tuesday", my tagline of the week on MSN, Tuesday is training night and match day is usually right after, which means it hurts to hell and back come Thursday.

We won our match yesterday against RVC who have to be the most sporting team I've ever played against in any sport. They gave us oranges at half time and sent us to and from the train, and they were just so nice about us beating them. If we'd lost, they'd've probably only got a sullen handshake out of me.

But winning didn't put me on such a high. It was satisfying but not mindblowing. We played hard but there were a lot of mistakes as well, mistakes I hope we'll manage to put away come the next game on Monday night. RVC were as new as us in a way so the next matches'll probably only get harder.

And the refs were kinda fair. The toss-ups were going the Vets' way as were the replayed fouls but they weren't blatantly unfair, it could've been worse.

My sister's backup course is Mech Eng (good choice, top course in the country). Imperial College has been rated 5th in the world according to the Times publication of technological institutions, awesome stuff. Talk about collegiate pride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But NUS is #9 leh...in Technology.Very good university,ahead of Cornell and Carnegie Mellon man !