Friday, February 18, 2005

Four more weeks

Basically I'm still ill, feeling really not good. I don't get sick much so when it hits me, it hits hard. Anyhow, with about a week's worth of work due and me paying dearly for not keeping up to date with my lab book, I got this:



Isn't it beautiful? I had almost forgotten how the most simple things like that can really lift my day.
That and my mum called. Our conversations are always post-worthy, so this was no exception:

Mum: Hello? How are you feeling, got fever or not?
Me: Hi mum, I'm in class...
Mum: You skipped class is it?
Me: Um, no mum, I'm in class.
Mum: Huh, really? Oh... oops. Oh dear.
Me: No, it's okay, the lesson just ended
Mum: Oh okay, so how? Since you're sick now you start taking vitamin C, is it? When you're not sick you don't have to take, is it? How many are you popping now? The whole bottle is it? Aiyo, if you take a panadol and the fever comes back after four hours make sure you see a doctor! Don't get sick now, please, ok? Where's my pineapple tarts? Still haven't collected? And we were so excited about sending you pineapple tarts!...

And the instructions and scolding carried on. It was quite funny, but it felt so good to hear her voice, although I must've spent my whole A levels wishing I could escape the nagging as soon as possible.

And yes, I'm guilty of bulking up on vitamin C tablets only when I'm ill and feeling completely sorry for myself, otherwise it slips my mind on any other day. There was lemon juice on Yu Sang, followed by lemon chicken, and then a lemon tart for desert by sheer coincidence. I tried to fight for my chocolate eclairs, but Weng won that one and they were returned to the shelf until my throat gets better.

No comments: