Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Just in, from Southampton

I've decided to run, run from it all, but with my thermofluid notes in hand, because I also can't afford to slack. My groupmate makes four times as much is necessary work for himself and then blames everyone else for his apparent lack of effectual time management; and he's bossy and a great big whiny pot. +Grr+. So here I am, in Southampton, on the eve of the quietest Chinese New Year ever.

The first day of the new year, usually a day filled with noise, "oh my gawd, you're so big!" (I never know how to properly respond to that), and my grandmother's cooking, will pass without so much as a blip. Maybe a nice dinner for Weng and I, and some shopping, but that's about it. I really wish I could go home. I don't remember last year being this bad.

No comments: