Saturday, September 17, 2005

In the throes of self pity

Wisdom teeth are a genetic throw back from when we had to eat branches. Now they're nothing more than four irritating lumps of enamel that cost you thousands in dental fees and hours and hours of time wasted in painkiller-induced agony, because our steadily shrinking jaws are only good for processed food.

Painkillers make a big pain a slightly smaller pain. They don't make it disappear entirely.

I'm so depressed. There's so many different kinds of foods I want to be able to enjoy in my last couple of weeks here and I can't. The most I can manage aside from lots and lots of water is lots and lots of soup.

I have a serious craving for fries and chilli sauce. Crab. Butter-fried prawns. Calamari. Deep fried wan tan. Omg. Rice. Steak. Do you know how difficult it is?!

No comments: