Saturday, September 10, 2005

What I think

How I wish I could belt out songs like Carrie Underwood. Have you seen her sing? Absolutely wonderful.

I have to say though, I wasn't always like this. When I was little, probably too little know any better, I would oblige my adoring legions of fans (mostly aunties) with highly tasteful renditions of "I'm a little teapot" with choreography.

Then puberty hit, and suddenly you become conscious of everything. Throw in a couple of music teachers who cried in exasperation, and I find myself listening to other people sing with complete confidence, believing that they're really that good. I don't admire their singing, I admire their self-belief. The simple fact that they believe they're right on key and that everyone else loves hearing them sing.

+sigh+

Lack of confidence is crippling, to the point that even your own boyfriend has to work his tactfulness to the extremes to tell you that it's really not good and no one should give you a mike. Ever.

Disclaimer: I dramatize. Weng's been nothing short of supportive of my choral efforts. The tactfulness part is true though.

No comments: