Friday, December 24, 2004

6 degrees

It's such a small world, and this is what Christmas is really all about. I saw some college friends again. Priceless, just like the ad says. I suppose it takes one guy from Canada to bring people who live in the same city together. For all the public transport services available in London, I haven't seen my college friends in close to a year and a half, and now that I talk to them, it suddenly turns out that my network of friends seems to be growing tighter and tighter. Someone recently met someone who's going out with someone who I went to school with. Things like that, which makes me think that the 6 degrees of separation is now more like 4 or 4-1/2.

It's technically Christmas Day in 25mins, I'm at Tishen's with Weng, and, as is tradition in our family, my sister texted from Singapore at four o'clock in the afternoon and told me that she'd taken second-by-second photos documenting the opening of my Christmas present from my aunt (my aunt gives awesome presents) so it'd be 'like I was really there'. I'll be getting the pictures on Monday. So sweet.

Presents chalked up so far: Gap jumper, from Weng. It's ousted the AX sweater from its number one spot. I shall wear it all the time!

Feeling: Glad to be at Tishen's because it's forced us away from Rome for at least the next 48hours, and this is as close as it gets to home over here.

No comments: