Wednesday, December 08, 2004

And then there were two

He was in shock, and so was I. I couldn't believe that I had made it right to his door. I couldn't believe that I had got on the right bus, walked down the right street, and that he didn't have to come and rescue me from the docks or something. I couldn't believe that I had gotten on the right train out of Waterloo. He couldn't believe I was actually here.

I know, for once, I managed to surprise someone perfectly, even if it did involve fighting the constant urge to call or text him and spring it early the whole way here. Awesome stuff. I managed to bang on the door and catch the attention of a couple of his flatmates who let me in, and they were just as excited as I was about surprising him. So we knocked on his door, he very cautiously stepped out, and he just stood there in complete silence, the complete personification of 'Huh? What?'. And for sooo long too! But that's okay, because the silence was followed by about twenty minutes of 'Oh my goodness'.

So anyway, here I am, in Southampton. With the way he talked about how cold it is here, I though it'd be snowing, but um, no. They do have really big colourful birds here though, not just pigeons, and you can hardly hear the traffic above the sound of the subwoofers.

No comments: