Thursday, December 02, 2004

New addiction

Halo's taken over our flat. I feel like throwing up. I, of everybody on this earth, am the most poorly suited to such 'run around and shoot everybody' games. Therefore, after the first night of comprehensive carnage, the kills stand at

Ash : 2 (Both of which were Darren)
Weng : 8
Han wen : A gazillion (Me)
Darren : A gazillion and three (Me, me, and me)

I spent more time rejoining the game than actually trying to kill people. It's so hard to make out what are trees and what aren't, and how are you supposed to shoot someone in the head when they're jumping around like moon men. The only decent chance I have of lasting more than 20 seconds comes in the form of those little hover crafts that have unlimited ammo or something. But the second I pick one up, someone's either shot me in the head or Darren goes and gets another and guns me down.

I don't know how these guys can aim at anything. Climbing ladders and jumping off hills makes me feel like I'm on the spin cycle of a green-grey wash, and even after I switched from a shocking pink suit to something more camo-y, like grey, they STILL managed to unerringly pick me out every time. 'K9 killed Ash', 'Han killed Ash', and 'WENG killed Ash' flashed on screen at regular intervals of, oh, about 10 seconds.

Fantastic adrenaline rush, but I spent too much time dying than actually enjoying the game.

No comments: